8 cases found at Delaware Psychiatric Center
Five patients and three staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 at Department of Health and Social Services’ Delaware Psychiatric Center on the grounds of the Herman Holloway Sr. Campus near New Castle.
The patients are isolated within a unit. The staff members are self-isolating at their homes.
DPC is the seventh care facility to report positive cases. To protect the health privacy of residents or patients, DHSS only identifies facilities with multiple cases:
- Little Sisters of the Poor in Newark
- HarborChase of Wilmington
- Governor Bacon Health Center in Delaware City
- Forwood Manor in Wilmington
- A nursing home in Kent County with one case
- A nursing home in Sussex County with one case
The Division of Health Care Quality is working closely with long-term care and other licensed facilities to verify strong screening, infection control and isolation measures in place at each, and if, not, to assist them.