Positive COVID tests now come to 16 statewide
Eight additional positive cases of COVID-19 bring the statewide total to 16. Seven of the eight are New Castle County residents, and one is the first reported case in Sussex County.
Six of the seven New Castle County residents went to the ChristianaCare Health System drive through testing.
Four are males, and four are females. All but one is self-isolating; one in New Castle County is hospitalized.
The Sussex County resident had a travel-related exposure. The source of the exposure of the remaining individuals is under investigation.
DPH reminds Delawareans to use everyday measures to prevent the spread of all infections, which would also slow the spread of COVID-19:
- · Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hand. If you use a tissue, dispose of it right away.
- · Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, including the backs of your hands and under your nails, for 20 seconds. Or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- · Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- · Clean commonly used surfaces such as computers, desktops, countertops cabinets, handles and more with disinfectant.
- · Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- · Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- · If you are healthy, the CDC does not recommend buying or using face masks. You should only wear a mask if a health care provider tells you do so.