Police say the vehicle the men were in was stolen. Zemondra D. Jackson and Deandre T. Bennett arrested.

Troopers with the Delaware State Police have arrested two Dover men after a pursuit led to the recovery of a stolen car.

Division spokeswoman Master Cpl. Melissa Jaffe said the incident took place at about 3:12 p.m. Monday, Sept. 3 when troopers were sent to the Cheswold Royal Farms store to investigate a report about a suspicious car that was missing a bumper.

Troopers spotted the car and verified it was stolen through a check on its license number, Jaffe said.

Troopers tailed the Hyundai Accent as it left the parking lot, following to Twin Oaks Road where it hit a curb and stopped. The driver, identified as 22-year-old Deandre T. Bennett and passenger, identified as 22-year-old Zemondra Jackson, jumped out and tried to run away.

Jackson was caught a short time later and Bennett was found hiding behind a shed at a home at the corner of McKee and Rose Bowl roads.

Bennett is charged with receiving stolen property, disregarding a police officer’s signal, conspiracy second degree, resisting arrest, reckless driving, and driving without a valid license. He was committed to the Vaughn Correctional Center, Smyrna, in lieu of a $3,650 secured bond.

Jackson is charged with receiving stolen property, conspiracy second degree and resisting arrest. He also was ordered held at the Vaughn Center on a $2,500 secured bond.


Pamela M. Watkins

Houston woman facing attempted burglary charge

Harrington police have arrested a Houston woman after she allegedly tried to break into a city home.

Pamela M. Watkins, 47, of Hunting Quarter Road, was arrested Aug. 31, department spokesman Capt. Earl K. Brode said.

While on patrol Friday police went to a business on Clark Street where a woman had reported being robbed, Brode said. While interviewing the woman, later identified as Watkins, police got a call about a burglary attempt on Ward Street.

Brode said Watkins appeared to be intoxicated when interviewed by Harrington officers.

At the Ward Street address, officers noted the description of the burglary suspect matched that of Watkins; the victim, in that case, made a positive identification, Brode said.

Their investigation showed Watkins had gone to the home and asked to use the phone but then tried to force her way inside. The victim was able to stymie those attempts and she fled the area.

Watkins is charged with third-degree attempted burglary; she was committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution, Georgetown, on a $3,000 secured bond.