No injuries reported

Multiple area fire companies, including Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Bethany Beach and Indian River responded to a house fire in The Grande at Canal Pointe in Rehoboth Beach early Friday morning.

Around 4:40 a.m., firefighters responded to a single-family home in the 37000 block of Trent Court. Heavy fire was showing from both floors of the two-story house, part of which had collapsed.

The house was unoccupied at the time and equipped with working smoke detectors. No injuries were reported. Firefighters were on scene until about 8:30 a.m.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office responded to the scene to determine the origin and cause of the fire. They determined the incident was accidental and occurred as the result of an electrical malfunction. Damages are estimated at $275,000.