First State Heritage Park is hosting the 18th Century Market Fair around The Green Nov. 2
First State Heritage Park is hosting the 18th Century Market Fair Saturday, Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at sites around The Green on State Street in Dover.
Free entertainment on The Green includes:
• “Black Sunday Insurrection” historical theater, depicting the clash between patriots and loyalists in Dover, with part one at 11 a.m. and part two at 1 p.m.
• “Dr. Balthazar’s Traveling Medicine Show,” re-enacting the slick “snake-oil” sale pitches when hucksters promised tonics that could cure all ills, at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 and 2:30 p.m.
• “Signora Bella, the Great Italian Equilibrist,” with balancing and juggling performances at 10 a.m., 2 and 3 p.m.
• “Mr. Peter Gardiner, Conjuror,” featuring artistic deception and curious slight of hand, at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
• “Dover’s Characters – Mummers,” performed by the Campus Community School, depicting 18th century folk theater, at 10:25 and 11:25 a.m., and 12:25, 1:25, 2:25 and 3:25 p.m.
At the Dover Century Club on The Green, puppets from “Professor Horn’s Punch and Judy Show” will perform at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m., and 1:45 p.m.
The 1st Delaware Regiment will re-enact military drills at 10:45 and 11:45 a.m., and 12:45, 1:45, 2:45 and 3:45 p.m.
Artisans and tradespeople demonstrating 18th century crafts, professions, games and dances will show off their skills around The Green and at historic sites including the Golden Fleece Tavern, John Bell House and the Old State House.
Food will be on sale at the Market Fair Inn at the Dover Century Club.
For more information, see delawarestateparks.com/MarketFair.