A Dec. 30 blaze has caused $5,000 in damage to a Harrington-area barn.

Investigators with the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office have determined a Dec. 30 fire in Harrington was accidental in nature, chief Deputy State Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock said Monday night. The fire originated in a barn in the 800 block of Carpenter’s Bridge Road, Bullock said, and was reported by a neighbor at 3:30 p.m. The Harrington Fire Company responded to the call and arrived to find fire coming from the structure. The Houston and Felton fire companies provided assistance, and the fire was brought under control at 4 p.m. No injuries were reported, Bullock said. The investigation determined the fire started in a wall of the building and was caused by a failure in the barn’s electrical system, he said. Damages were estimated at $5,000.