A Dover man, identified as Bobby Luzader, 78, has died of injuries suffered in an April 27 motorcycle accident in Georgetown.


The Dover man who was injured in an April 27 accident near Georgetown has died.

Bobby Luzader, 78, succumbed to his injuries at 10:55 p.m. April 28, said Delaware State Police spokesman Master Cpl. Gary Fournier.

The division's Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing its investigation and no charges have been filed, Fournier said.


Delaware State Police troopers are reporting a Harrington woman was killed and a Dover man seriously hurt in a Sunday afternoon traffic accident near Georgetown.

The crash took place at 3:45 p.m. on U.S. Route 113, at Speedway Road, Georgetown, said division spokesman Cpl. John Day.

The preliminary investigation showed a 2005 Honda GL-8 three-wheel motorcycle, driven by Bobby Luzader, 78, of Dover, was headed northbound on U.S. Route 113, approaching the intersection with Speedway Road, Day said.

At the same time, a 1996 Lincoln Town Car, driven by Marianne Worley, 78, of Millsboro, was headed southbound on Route 113; Worley began to make a left turn toward Speedway Road, but stopped facing east in the median crossover.

Worley then started across the northbound lane of Route 113, crossing into the motorcycle’s path. Luzader swerved to avoid a collision, but the front of the Lincoln hit the left side of the Honda, splitting it in half. Both Luzader and his passenger, Jane Kauffman, 65, of Harrington, were thrown from the bike.

Luzader was flown by state police to Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital and then to Christiana Hospital, where he was admitted in serious condition.

Kauffman first was taken by ambulance to Beebe Hospital and then flown to Christiana, where she was pronounced dead.

Both were wearing helmets at the time of the crash, Day said.

Worley also was taken to Beebe, where she was treated for a minor injury and released. She was properly restrained at the time of the crash, Day added.

The Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing its investigation and no charges have been filed. The northbound lanes of Dupont Highway were closed for approximately three hours as troopers investigated and cleared the crash.