|
Dover Post
  • Felton fire ruled accidental

  • A Nov. 6 house fire near Felton was caused by an electrical failure.
    • email print
  • The Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that a house fire that occurred Nov. 6 was accidental in nature. The blaze was reported shortly after noon in the 900 block of Barney Jenkins Road, south of Walnut Shade Road, Felton, said Deputy Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock. The Camden-Wyoming Fire Company responded to the call and arrived with heavy fire and smoke coming from a single-wide manufactured home. Assistance was requested from the Felton Fire Company and the fire was placed under control at 12:30 p.m.. Deputy state fire marshals determined the fire originated in the living room and as a result of an electrical failure in the fixed branch circuitry. The occupants were not home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. Damages are estimated at $15,000, and the Red Cross of Delmarva is assisting the home’s occupants.
      • calendar