Peninsula gives residents tips on how to keep drains clean and your garbage disposal running smoothly during Thanksgiving.
Some of the things you should never put down your garbage disposal:
- Potato skins
- Large animal bones (beef and ham)
- Banana peels
- Onion skins
- Stringy vegetables like asparagus and celery
- Glass, plastic, metal, or paper
Some of the things you should put down your garbage disposal:
- Vegetable ends
- Soft food matter
- Certain hard materials, including chicken and fish bones and eggshells, small fruit pits, etc.
- Citrus peels (for freshness)
- Ice cubes (to clean the garbage disposal out every now and then)
- A little dish washing soap (helps freshen the smell)
For more information: penoil.com.