Delaware State Police troopers have captured Dazzel King, wanted for a July 15 drive by shooting incident in Capitol Park.

Delaware State Police troopers have arrested Dazzel J. King, 22, who was wanted for his role in a drive by shooting July 15.

The incident began Monday, said police spokesman Master Cpl. Gary Fournier, when police responded to a call of a person having been shot in the 100 block of Presidents Drive, Capitol Park. Witnesses said that at approximately 3:10 p.m. a green Chevrolet Malibu had passed by a home and that shots were fired at a 28-year-old man as he was sitting in his vehicle.

The Malibu then sped out of the area onto Bay Road in an unknown direction.

The victim was taken to the hospital by private vehicle, and was treated there for a gunshot wound to his upper extremities, Fournier said.

An investigation at the scene indicated the suspect had fired several shots, and that some had hit the house behind where the victim was parked. At least one round went through a wall and into the living room where four people were sitting, including a 28-year-old woman, a 31-year-old man, a 12-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy. They escaped injury.

During the course of their investigation, detectives determined King had been the shooter, Fournier said. The Malibu was later found abandoned at a home on Willow Grove Road, west of Camden.

Detectives made the arrest after learning King was at his home in Lincoln, Fournier said.

Criminal Investigations detectives from Troop 3 with the assistance of the Delaware State Police Special Operations Response Unit went to a residence in the 20000 block of Cubbage Pond Road around 10:30 a.m. July 17, Fournier said. King was taken into custody without incident.

King was charged with first-degree attempted murder, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited, four counts of reckless endangerment, two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and two counts of criminal mischief.

He was jailed at the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center in default of a $196,000 cash bond.