Bayhealth to host seminar on law, ethics, lactation issues
Bayhealth will host a seminar on law, ethics and lactation issues on Aug. 22.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. with the seminar starting at 9 a.m. in pavilion rooms 1 and 2 at Kent General Hospital, 640 S. State St., Dover. The seminar will be led by Liz Brooks, JD, IBCLC, FILCA, a lawyer, private practice lactation consultant and president of the International Lactation Consultant Association.
- Soap, Latch or IDK? Law and Ethics of Lactation Documentation.
- Looking at Latch: Offering Hands-free Help.
- The WHO Code in Everyday Practice: Real Life Scenarios.
- Dazed and Confused After Discharge: Cases from a Home-visiting IBCLC.
- Who's Your Daddy…Mommy, Surrogate or Donor? Modern Families, Lactation, Ethics and the Law.
- Skilled or Shilled Healthcare? When Commerce Meets Medicine (free evening session).
The registration fee of $50 includes breaks, lunch, parking and syllabus materials, as well as a free evening session. This seminar will be free for Bayhealth employees. CERPs and CMEs will be available. Registration deadline is Aug. 12.
For more information: bayhealthfoundation.org.