A 31-year-old Milford man, identified as Reginald Marshall has been arrested on charges he assaulted and threatened a 14-year-old girl.

A 31-year-old Milford man has been jailed on charges he assaulted a 14-year-old girl. The suspect was identified in court documents as Reginald Marshall of the 400 block of Mispillion Street, Milford. According to the warrant of probable cause released by Justice of the Peace Court 7, the case began July 3 when the victim and her father came in to Delaware State Police Troop 3, Camden, to report the incident. According to the victim, she was at her home in Felton and had gotten into an argument with Marshall that resulted in him slapping her face and repeatedly punching her in the face with his fist. The victim said Marshall put her in a body lock, struck her with his knee several times and slammed her into a wall, resulting in damage consisting of two large holes. Marshall then broke a bedroom door off its hinges when she tried to run, the victim said, after which he showed her an opened green razor box cutter and put it up against her throat with a threat to kill her. Marshall then escaped the home. The arresting officer said the entire episode was verified by other members of the girl’s family. According to the warrant, Marshall was under a court order to have no contact with the girl or other members of her family. Marshall was arrested July 4 while walking in the Felton neighborhood and was taken into custody without incident. A search turned up a green razor box cutter in a jeans pocket; a check of the criminal justice information database showed Marshall had a prior felony conviction, rendering him ineligible to possess a deadly weapon. Marshall was charged with aggravated menacing, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited, carrying a concealed deadly weapon, terroristic threatening, third-degree assault, six counts of endangering the welfare of a child, criminal contempt of a protective order and criminal mischief. He was ordered held on a $24,000 secured bond pending a future court appearance.