The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office has determined a garage fire that occurred the evening of April 15 was accidental in nature.
The fire was reported by the homeowner shortly before 9 p.m. in the 3100 block of Mud Mill Road, west of Wyoming, said state Chief Deputy Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock.
The Marydel Fire Company arrived on scene to find with heavy fire coming from the detached garage. Assistance was requested from the Camden-Wyoming, Felton, Hartly, and Goldsboro, Md., fire companies, with the fire being placed under control by 10 p.m
The homeowner was taken by ambulance to Bayhealth-Kent General Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, and then released.
The fire was caused when automotive welding equipment ignited nearby combustibles, Bullock said. Damages were estimated at $50,000.