After being wanted by police for more than a year Donald M. Cales was apprehended yesterday by Troopers and members of the U.S. Marshalls Fugitive Taskforce.

A Dover man who had been wanted by police for more than a year was apprehended yesterday by Troopers and members of the U.S. Marshalls Fugitive Taskforce.

Donald M. Cales, 32, was arrested at a residence in the 800 block of Brittney Lane in Hartly. Troopers had been searching for Cales due to his involvement in numerous incidents.

On June 5, 2011, Cales threatened a neighbor who lived near him in Clayton. Cales also threatened and assaulted the owner of his own home, ripping her shirt. On Jan. 30, of last year Cales got into an argument with a relative at a home in Hartly. He assaulted and threatened the female relative, and fled from the residence in a pickup truck. Troopers attempted to stop the vehicle, but Cales refused to stop. The vehicle was later found abandoned.

On Oct. 22, of last year, Cales and another man broke into a home under construction in Hartly. The pair stole power tools. On Dec. 5, Cales robbed another residence, stealing tools and hunting equipment from a garage in Marydel.

On Nov. 15, Cales stole tools and copper wire from numerous construction vehicles parked in a parking lot overnight in Hartly. He also stole a golf cart, but abandoned it nearby. He broke into construction vehicles again and removed items at the same business on Nov. 21.

On Dec. 24, a Trooper attempted to stop Cales after observing him perform numerous traffic offenses on Hourglass Road in Hartly. Cales, who was operating a 1994 Ford Aspire, fled from the Trooper at a high speed. Cales eventually crashed into a ditch and fled on foot.

For the above incidents, Cales was charged with two counts of burglary third degree, five counts of theft over $1,500, theft of a motor vehicle, conspiracy second degree, criminal mischief under $1,000, two counts of terroristic threatening, two counts of offensive touching, two counts of resisting arrest, disregarding a police officer’s signal, criminal trespass third degree and numerous traffic charges. For these charges, he was committed to Vaughn Correctional Center on $27,109 secured bail. He was also arraigned on charges from the Dover, Harrington, and Smyrna Police Departments, and the Kent County Superior Court, and is wanted by the Queen Ann’s County Md. Sheriff’s Department.