|
Dover Post
  • Capitol Park fire ruled accidental; not related to Hurricane Sandy

  • A house fire in Capitol Park this morning was determined to be accidental and did not appear to be related to the pending arrival of Hurricane Sandy, state officials said.
    • email print
      Comment
  • The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office has determined that a house fire that occurred this morning in Capitol Park the city of Dover's south end was accidental in nature.
    The fire was reported by the home's occupant at 10:50 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of South Governors Boulevard, Chief Deputy Fire Marshall B. Scott Bullock said.
    The Dover Fire Department responded along with Kent County Paramedics and arrived with smoke coming from a one story single family dwelling, Bullock said. The fire was quickly extinguished and placed under control at 11:03 a.m.
    The deputy state fire marshal investigated the fire and determined the fire originated in a utility closet and was caused by an electrical malfunction, he said. The fire is not believed to be related to Hurricane Sandy at this time.
    No injuries were reported and damages are estimated at $25,000. The occupants of the home are staying with family members that reside next door.

        calendar