Firefighters responded to the Queen Manor apartments on South Queen Street shortly after 1 p.m Feb. 25.


Dover firefighters removed an elderly woman from her second-floor unit in the Queen Manor apartments Feb. 25 after she suffered burns from a flash cooking fire.

Shortly after 1 p.m., four Dover fire engines and 30 firefighters arrived at the apartment building, located on South Queen Street.

Fire Chief Scott Christiansen said the fire was out when the units arrived and firefighters performed first aid on the victim until paramedics were on scene.

The unidentified woman was taken to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital and treated for burns. Her condition is unknown.

Christiansen said the Dover fire marshal is investigating the incident.