- Dover area fire departments conduct live fire exercise
- Posted Feb. 24, 2013 midnight
- Approximately 40 firefighters from four area companies − Dover, Camden-Wyoming, Bowers and Magnolia − participated in training exercises Saturday morning at two burning houses on Bay Road, just north of Del. Route 10, in Dover. The owner of the two houses, which were scheduled to be demolished, donated the properties to the fire companies for training purposes. The firefighters spent Tuesday and Saturday setting and putting out 30 fires, 15 per house. "We did engine company operations on Tuesday, and truck company work today," said Dover Fire Department Assistant Chief David Carey
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Crack, cash seized after Dover drug arrest
- Harrington man charged with terroristic threatening in Milford
- Dover man introduces kids to the world of horseshoe crabs throu...
- Caesar Rodney teachers unveil tailor-made Common Core teaching ...
- Harrington woman charged with identity theft
- Bridgeville man arrested on suspicion of robbery
- Biden advises on avoiding tornado disaster scams
- Wesley College secures $100,000 grant to aid underprivileged st...
- Memorial Day ceremonies scheduled for Monday in Dover
- Homeless sex offender in Dover
- State Representative Jeff Spiegelman to hold constituent meetin...
- Read more top stories