- Dover area fire departments conduct live fire exercise
- Posted Feb. 24, 2013 midnight
- Approximately 40 firefighters from four area companies − Dover, Camden-Wyoming, Bowers and Magnolia − participated in training exercises Saturday morning at two burning houses on Bay Road, just north of Del. Route 10, in Dover. The owner of the two houses, which were scheduled to be demolished, donated the properties to the fire companies for training purposes. The firefighters spent Tuesday and Saturday setting and putting out 30 fires, 15 per house. "We did engine company operations on Tuesday, and truck company work today," said Dover Fire Department Assistant Chief David Carey
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- June Jam organizers shocked by theft of golf carts from concert...
- Extended stay Hilton hotel to open in May 2014
- DSU lease of Sheraton Hotel gets mixed reaction
- Dover’s Lauren Mirzakhalili packs her bags to study in No...
- One wounded in Capitol Green shooting
- Come and kick up your heels at Barbara's Dance Academy
- Grotto Pizza celebrates the opening of central Kent County rest...
- Camden-Wyoming man charged in 2008 rape case
- Dover man charged with intent to deliver cocaine
- Barricaded Dover woman surrenders to Delaware State Police
- 'Giddy Up' for a good cause
- Read more top stories