- Seen on Scene: Lewes Polar Bear Plunge
- Posted Feb. 8, 2013 midnight
- Thousands flocked to Rehoboth Beach Feb. 3 to get wet, get cold and raise a ton of money. Proceeds for the annual Lewes Polar Bear Plunge benefit Special Olympics Delaware. More than 3,500 people participated in the 22nd annual Plunge. With the water temperature 38 degrees and air temperature 30 degrees, (twelve degrees colder than last year), the Polar Bears raised $652,000, which was $2,000 more than last year's event.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Homeless sex offender in Dover
- State Representative Jeff Spiegelman to hold constituent meetin...
- Young People's Scholarship Art Exhibit on display
- Miss Delaware Scholarship Organization to host Golf Classic
- Salvation Army now taking applications for summer camp
- Kansas, Maryland men arrested on drug charges
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Milford woman facing fifth DUI arrest
- Residents encouraged to help Kent County SPCA receive Purina Ca...
- Girl Scout Troop 10 holds drive for Shepherd Place
- DNREC dismisses wildlife trafficking charges
- Read more top stories