- PHOTO GALLERY: Silver Lake turns green due to low water levels
- Posted July 26, 2012 midnight
- Silver Lake has turned green due to low water levels it sustained last week as the city dealt with a fish kill in the St. Jones River. The low water levels caused high temperatures that then gave rise to an algae bloom. Dover and state officials are monitoring the lake and bracing for another fish kill.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Memorial Day ceremonies scheduled for Monday in Dover
- Homeless sex offender in Dover
- State Representative Jeff Spiegelman to hold constituent meetin...
- Young People's Scholarship Art Exhibit on display
- Miss Delaware Scholarship Organization to host Golf Classic
- Salvation Army now taking applications for summer camp
- Kansas, Maryland men arrested on drug charges
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges
- Milford woman facing fifth DUI arrest
- Residents encouraged to help Kent County SPCA receive Purina Ca...
- Girl Scout Troop 10 holds drive for Shepherd Place
- Read more top stories